Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Another ditch in the road, we keep moving

Food:
Breakfast? You ask. I tried a new cereal this morning. It's Kelloggs new Fiber Plus with antioxidants in Cinnamon Oat Crunch.


It's kind of like very cinnamony, very crunchy (because of the extra fiber) cheerios. Not bad. Now, Fiber One makes a Caramel Delight cereal which is like fibered up Cinnamon Toast Crunch and it is delicious BUT it comes with a high calorie pricetag and a LOT of sugar so I tend to steer a little clear of it. This was a good compromise- not too sweet but not too "healthy" tasting either.
On a side note: GO AGS! I haven't used my old UC Davis mug in a while.
I tried to eat lunch super quick so it was just a Bagelthin with the classy smoked salmon cream cheese.


I'm not sure about this cream cheese. It doesn't have a very salmony flavor but that might be because it is not as salty as the Phily cream cheese?
I grilled with Chuck and Ro at Chuck's house:


I did two things today that I think really showed some progress. See, I ate the plate above and then had 1 1/2 more slices of beef and another couple of pieces of broccoli and I thought I had eaten soooo much. And it's true that that's a lot of food but it's a lot of fresh food. A month ago I would have thought nothing of eating  that plate almost entirely full of meat with few veggies. This time, I'm not going to lie- the beef was really tasty, but I wanted to eat all that fresh greenness too. I had a few yogurt stars after dinner and then, of course, they stayed at Chuck's house so I couldn't eat the entire bag.
The second thing that happened was what I chose when I came home.


Instead of going for that ice cream, which is just waiting for me in the fridge, I wanted this bowl of cherries instead. It wasn't like I redirected myself to the cherries. I didn't say "No self, you can't have ice cream but you could eat these cherries." (Because we all know the tantrums that result when I have to tell myself no.) I just went for the cherries without even considering the less healthy options and that is exactly what I wanted to teach my body to do.

Exercise:
None but I did make a walking date with Ro for tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Niki, Is that cherry moldy? Our dinner was super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! It's not moldy. It was super good though. I think I like bing cherries more that other cherries though. That's right- I'm a cherry racist. :)

    ReplyDelete