Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And the clock on the wall has been stuck at three for days and days

Ugh, well the power of positive thinking didn't help me yesterday. It was still a billion degrees and though I wanted to go to the gyms, I just couldn't stomach the hot, sticky ride there. Finally today I IMed Ro and got her to walk with me! So I have moved, thankfully. It felt really good to get out there. Am I actually craving exercise?

Two days in one post again:

Yesterday
Food:
I gave in and drank James' coffee for breakfast. I really dislike his coffee, it has no taste, but I wasn't going to survive if I had to live another day without coffee. (We're not melodramatic around here or anything.)


The orange was ok but I've had better. I think I like oranges refrigerated and this one was just out on the counter. Around lunchtime I made a chik patty from Morningstar Farms and some potato wedges. Pretty processed but I was hungry! I was actually starting to get some hunger pangs.


Mmmm! BBQ sauce. This was super good. I also munched on a few of James' tomatoes from his garden. Does this balance out the processed frozen stuff? ;)


Ice cream! Mid-afternoon. 90+ degrees in my house. The ice cream was needed.


Dinner was spinach with garlic and a sautéed, marinated portabella mushroom. I also had a alcoholic beverage for the first time since I started this adventure. I figured I hadn't really indulged lately and James was drinking a beer. I kind of made an alcoholic Arnold Palmer with gin and it was pretty good! I didn't realize this until afterwards but I had a totally vegetarian day yesterday. I think it must be good if I don't even notice.

Exercise:
 This was lacking. It would have been nice but as I said... waaaaaay too hot.

Today
Food:
Brekkie was cottage cheese with more of James' coffee- gross!!
Around lunchtime I made a new Bagelthin everything bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese:



The Bagelthins are an example of a processed product that I'll make allowances for. They're low in calories and high in fiber and they satisfy me so they are a good trade off. I also brought this slightly upscale cream cheese over the Philadelphia stuff because it just looked more appetizing and I think I could get away with using less of it.
I met up with Slim around 4 and she was a Starving Marvin because I was like an hour and a half late to pick her up so we headed out to Whole Foods.


I love trying their deli stuff. I ate all the green veg, which was half spring steamed veggie mix and half broccoli with garlic, and about half of the pasta salad which was smoked mozzarella salad. A little heavy on the mayo for my taste but the mozzarella chunks in there were delicious.


I also drank this Honest tea with Goji berry and a cookie from their deli. The Honest Tea was great but I think I should have passed on the cookie. A) I was full and B) it wasn't that good- a little dry and crumbly. It was made with whole wheat flour though so I'll take that as a plus and remember that I wasn't that satisfied next time I encounter the same situation.
My eyes were bigger than my stomach so I brought home a few things from the Whole Foods.


Including this cucumber salad mixed with some "Gigantica Beans" which appear to be butter beans marinated in some italian style dressing. I had this after my walk with Ro. I love love love butter beans so those were really tasty but I'm not so sure about the cucumber. It's a nice crunch though- maybe I should experiment with it at home.
Another almost vegetarian day, surprisingly.

Exercise:
I went on a great walk with Ro. 2.8 miles in about 45 minutes. We were just walking along and talking so this was actually a pretty good pace.

2 comments:

  1. Uhhhh correction! Slim was starving cause someone made her wait till forever o'clock to get lunch!

    ReplyDelete