Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Boy, I got my eye on you...

Two for the price of one today! Don't you feel special??

Yesterday (Sunday)
Food:
James' family was still at his house so I ate about a quarter of an extremely large cinnamon roll and the ever present cup of coffee for breakfast.
I bought some more of the cute, sweet baby bell peppers and snacked on them both yesterday and today and then around lunchtime I had the BEST chicken and zucchini:


I was really hungry but this just hit the spot. I love zucchini and could eat it with every meal.
After, I was really tired and I actually took a 4 hour nap yesterday afternoon which made life unbearable at 2 am when I wanted to sleep but couldn't. I woke up pretty groggy and then made myself a delicious dinner:


That is a beautiful grilled portabella mushroom that was fan-fricken-tastic. A little salty but I love the salt so I said bring it on! I also fixed together an iceberg salad with some poppyseed dressing, dried cranberries and pecans.
Before bedtime, I was a little peckish again so I whipped up some whey protein and granola nut clusters.


I love the Tera'swhey packaging!

Exercise:
Not so much. Apparently a 4 hour nap in the middle of the afternoon kind of gets in the way of this.

Today (Monday)
Normally I'd wait and just post about today tomorrow but I'm going to be out and about early tomorrow and I don't know when I'd get to it so...
Food:
No breakfast! Just coffee. I'm a terrible, terrible brekkie eater. I will admit though- my hunger is not as desperate as it used to be. I used to feel almost faint if I didn't eat but as I've slowly eaten less and less, it's like I've built up a hunger tolerance. I felt hungry at the PCC today to the point of my stomach growling but once I kind of weathered that I felt ok.
I kind of had 2 lunches today or I guess a brunch and a linner if you will. Brunch was a smoked salmon salad before the gym:


I took this pic in a hurry in the car and then promptly devoured this. I proceeded to the gyms (the s is intentional- it's like the internets) and then headed to Roseville to buy my cousins wedding present. I probably waited too long to eat then because I was definitely a little shaky.


Luckily, a carnitas street taco and a blackened mahi mahi taco helped to shore me up! I love Rubio's Fish Tacos (even though I think they call it Rubio's Fresh Grill now). They have always had some fresh options that are loaded with veggies and feel as good as they taste.
James grew these tomatoes in our garden (and I use our in the community property sense-not that I actually do anything involving the garden):


and I decided I was going to use them today so this was dinner:


I'm not exactly proud of the lack of color but the salad was good. The hamburger patty was seasoned with Bacon Salt and covered in Canadian Black Diamond Cheddar. It was really juicy and flavorful and I think that might be because I seared it 5 minutes on each side and then left it in the 170 degree oven while the rice was cooking. Speaking of rice... yeah that's Rice a Roni. With cheese from a packet and everything. Definitely not fresh. I wanted a starch and it was ok but not great. I'm grilling with Chuck tomorrow though so I should be able to eat plenty of veggies to make up for it!

Exercise:
3.2 miles on the treadmill in 55 minutes. It felt like sooooo long without my regular benchmarks to distract me.   My knees were definitely a bit sore this evening so I took an ibuprofen but I think I'll be doing something low impact tomorrow.

Off Topic:
Today I also bought the BEST. WATER. BOTTLE. EVER.


It's purple! And a Camelbak so it has the best spout ever. It has like a silicone spigot on it that you can chew on and it releases more H2O into your mouth. It's like a bottle for grown-ups which I shouldn't think is that cool but I do!
I also went to Delias.com and found a super cute coat that actually comes in 2XL. I can't decide whether I want the purple one:


Or the red one (technically called pomegranate):


They come in a wool blend ($39 on sale) or the wool blend lined with thinsulate ($49 on sale) for even more warmness! I think I want to buy the red one with the thinsulate lining and the purple one without so I have kind of 2 levels of warmness if I need it in SF. I have my eye on these and if they're still in stock when I get my August paycheck it is on like Donkey Kong! I can't believe a) they have my size and b) they are not actually that expensive. It's juniors clothing so I wouldn't be surprised if their 2XL was tight but I might as well try them and see.

2 comments: