Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

I gotta be strong, just keep pushing on

Told you I'd catch up eventually!

Food:
This morning was a big US vs. Slovakia soccer game and tons of people came over for breakfast! Katie made really good sourdough waffles and I had about a quarter of one along with an apricot and some coffee. Slim and I bought some Tera'swhey today so expect that to feature prominently in breakfast for a while after tomorrow.
Lunch was a leafy, green salad with honey-roasted almonds, cranberries, goat cheese and balsamic vinegarette:


Very tasty but I didn't get lunch until like 3 pm so I was starving when I ate it. Slim and I went back to the LB for shorts for her and stopped off at Godiva. I managed to just buy two this time: an extra dark chocolate truffle and a mint chocolate chip truffle.


Surprisingly, the mint chocolate one was better than the extra dark one. It tasted exactly like mint chip ice cream.
Once I ended up home, it was time to cook the husband dinner so I made some meatballs (my first attempt! They weren't bad) and mixed it with some pasta sauce and Barilla Plus pasta.



The meatballs were made from lean ground beef and asiago cheese with garlic salt, bacon salt, pepper and dried basil. I kinda just threw everything I had in there.
I finished up the evening with some Haagen-Daz Five coffee ice cream- totally the best ice cream.


Exercise:
None today. I was going to run with James but he wanted to go tomorrow instead and I let him convince me tomorrow was soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment