Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

I just want to listen to your words

Hmmm... on the days I don't post, I don't exercise. Coincidence? I think not!

Food:
Started out with yummy honey and almond butter on heart healthy bread.


I bought this really good honey at Nugget- it's local lavender honey. I put a little too much on my toast yesterday (oops!) but it was still tasty.

Lunch was the annual Chem Dept BBQ at CSUS and it was nice to see everyone again. If I miss them after 3 weeks what the hell is it going to be when I can't just pop in?


Nick was rocking the Jeri-curl which he likes to call "the Ladykiller."


So much good food. I tried a little bit of a lot of stuff. Note the delicious, delicious berries! I had a veggie burger sans cheese and then decided Veggie burgers are way better without the bun so I ditched the bread. I still ate my lettuce and tomato though.


Of course, there were a thousand desserts there so I tried a little of a few things. I left about half the mocha cake (on the bottom) but I couldn't leave any of Maddie's triple chocolate bundt cake- that would have just been wrong! It wasn't super-sweet (the mocha cake was a little), more like bittersweet chocolate. I had to walk away. It would not have been pretty if I hadn't. Imagine me with chocolate all over my place and nothing on the cake tray but crumbs.

And then...


I saw this and was totally distracted from the cake. I just need someone to walk by with a cute puppy all the time. I think this might have been what my mom's puppy "Stugly" (stupid and ugly :) looked like when he was little. He was sooooooo cute! His owner was in the hallway later throwing him a tennis ball and he was chasing after it but he was too small to pick it up so he was really just pushing it around- like he was playing soccer!

EDIT: Ha! I totally forgot dinner! After the mall, Slim and I came home and were super hungry. I didn't do so well on the eating every few hours idea yesterday. Anyway, we came back to my house and I made some Barilla PLUS pasta with fire-roasted marinara sauce, chopped black olives and the leftover Israeli feta cheese. It was good but it was gone in like 4 seconds. I wolfed it down so fast I was lucky not to get heartburn.


I didn't really savor it which was probably why I was still hungry later and ate the better part of a bag of baked Kettle Chips (with sharp cheddar). They are not that bad but I might have to refrain from buying them since they seem to be one of my trigger foods where once I open it, I eat the whole bag.


Exercise:
None but I was definitely more active than when I sit around on my butt at home. Slim and I went to the mall in Roseville after she got off of work so we walked around there too. I lost my wallet but luckily security found it, complete with the $6 in cash I had in it. Thanks honest Rosevillians. I bought this from Lush:


to highlight my blondy-blondeness. Then Slim and I bought matching lip gloss from Sephora in Radiant.


which looked really really good on her (not so sure about me- I'm withholding judgement yet). I also bought some bubble bath for my new SF bathtub! 


Yeah, no more sharing with anyone but the husband so bring on the baths. I sprayed Fresh Sugar Lemon perfume on my arm in the store and didn't really like it in the store but once it settled on on my skin it was really refreshing! Kind of clean like the Amazing Grace but a little more citrusy and summery.


Lots of pics today!

No comments:

Post a Comment