Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Walking on sunshine

Food:
I made some deeee-lish fish tacos with lemon pepper tilapia and Nugget Market's avocado salsa. A side of iceberg lettuce with New American (creamy balsamic) dressing rounded things out.
Also, Hagen-Das' cranberry blueberry sorbet was a very tasty way of getting in a serving of fruit and though it contains high fructose corn syrup (unlike their Five ice cream which I really like) I think it can still be part of a healthy diet. (HFCS post to follow.)

Note the smaller plate! I like to eat off of salad plates because you can fill them up with much less food- it's all a mind game. I think back in my grandparents day plates must have been much smaller than the behemoth dinner plates we eat off today.

Exercise:
Well, I walked 3.2 miles but I'm not sure I'd call it super successful (though it was in decent time for walking-57 minutes). My knees hurt for the first 2 miles or so and I had a huge stitch in my side around the 1 mile mark BUT the more I walk, the less my knees will hurt and this was a good start for the C25K.

Today's walk was brought to me by the following two songs:
Bye Bye Bye- N'Sync
Rock My World- Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment