Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

It's not that I can't live without you, it's just that I don't even want to try

Totally unrelated side note: THE BACKSTREET BOYS ARE COMING TO SAN FRANCISCO! On June 27th and 28th! I want to go and scream like a 16 year old girl. If I can make this work I am totally going.

Ok...
Food:
The second Tera'swhey shake (in dark chocolate), an apricot and some more nut clusters made breakfast.


The Tera'swhey shake was awful! Vanilla was pretty good but the chocolate was just bad. I don't know if it was because I made it with vanilla almond milk or what but Slim made hers with soy milk and she said it was awful too so I'm gonna say it won't get much better if I make it with regular milk. I'd be willing to try it again though.
Lunch was a total victory for me. Slim and I went to the Corti Bros. market in Sacramento and I made an awesome choice:


A few ounces of delicious prosciutto, an ounce of smoked applewood cheddar, a fresh apple and an Honest Tea. Perfect! and it totally embodies what this blog is about- good choices with fresh, high-quality food.
I desperately needed a new bra so I went and shopped the LB annual sale (and found one that was hot pink). 42D, I'm now a 42D. Hopefully not for long and the 42's are comfortable. I probably could have worn a 40 but the 40D cup size was a little small.
After, I went to See's candy and had 4 chocolates (3 I bought plus the sample):


I'm not sure if this was emotional eating or not. I was unhappy about the way things fit at LB but I don't think I ate them because of that- I was going to get 2 anyway when I went into the mall. It would have been weird to buy just one though. I guess I could have bought more and thrown the other ones away but that seems like a waste.
Dinner was my second victory of the day:


Look at the freshness on that plate! Chuck and I grilled at his house. Granted there's a lot of food on that plate but it's mostly vegetables. Chuck only has large plates which I think made it easier to load a lot on the plate. We had cajun salmon, zucchini, fresh corn, and a baby spinach salad with pecans, cranberries, blue cheese and raspberry vinegarette. That's fresh! (and it was delicious.)
I also had a diet pepsi which I think gave me a wicked headache. No more diet soda for me. I had a second Honest Tea I probably should have just drunk that would have made me feel much better.
Dessert? Yogurt Stars! The special at Trader Joes. I left these at Chuck's house or they would be all gone by now.


Yogurt-covered vanilla cookies = tasty.
Chuck and I had a long discussion about weight loss and food choices and such. I know I'm probably boring to talk to right now because I'm so interested in this but I think everyone's experience is interesting and I'm curious about the similarities we experience.

Exercise:
None today, giving the knees a rest but I'm planning a 3.2 miler for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You drank a DIET drink after seeing my 141 poster? You are no better than BEN! That's right... we are peers now, so I can call him by his first.

    ReplyDelete