Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Nothin' on you, baby

Blogging appears to be making me feel better so I'm going to try to get back to regularly scheduled programming. I started to write this post earlier but was then interrupted by the call from my cousin:

Sorry for the radio silence! James and I were moving to the new place and the last few days was hectic in addition to having no internets. NO INTERNETS! It was terrible. We actually had to talk to each other. :) I'm planning a long food wrap up post tomorrow but today I hiked up the big mountain again at UCSF. I was probably more tired this time that last time with Slim and it felt harder but I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I knew the end was in sight. I hadn't been eating regularly enough for the past few days so I think it felt harder just because my fuel tank is on empty. I was not very hungry yesterday while we were moving everything but today I've been famished so I'm not surprised that I didn't have as much energy as I wanted to. I'm wondering when that hill/mountain will become commonplace and when I won't feel like dying just climbing up it. The only reason I made it up this time was because I knew there was a killer salad at the top I wanted to eat. :)


The foggy trees right outside our front door.


While I shivered waiting for the shuttle. I noticed out street is very, very steep and very, very cold. I rode the shuttle down the hill and then walked back up. I think the stairs was the part that nearly killed me.


The other side of the hill was still overcast but not as foggy as our side.


There's a tree at the top of the hill, right when you get to my apartment complex that is growing Rainier cherries. (None were ripe yet or I would have had a little nibble.)


This pavement is nearly vertical. I wish I could actually show you how steep it really is.


Our side of the hill is MUCH foggier.


This was the salad waiting for me at the end! Baby spinach, cranberries, almond and blue cheese vinaigrette. It hit the spot and I have never been so happy to eat some greens.

Tonight, James and I went out to dinner and of course I forgot my camera. We went to a little Thai food place  in the sunset and shared chicken satay and yellow chicken curry. I also ordered some steamed vegetables. It was a really good choice and I'm really proud that I was able to make smart choices even though I have been pretty much ravenous all day and I was on the brink of emotional eating. I just wish I'd had a camera because all the green veggies were so pretty with the yellow curry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment