Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Under the sea

The Monterey Bay Aquarium is sooooo neat. I went there as a kid with my Dad and I've been with James (I think twice) and with my British cousin Dave and his girlfriend once. Slim and I split from the group on Saturday and went to the Aquarium instead of the beach and it was awesome! Some highlights:


This was part of the outdoor splash zone exhibit.


Starfish!


Cool sea anemones...


Sand Dollars which I have always thought are really cool but Slim says are lame.


2 of the cutest sea otters ever! Slim and I spent a lot of time at this exhibit.



Jellies! There were a lot of different kinds and they were all cool.




Seahorses- almost as cool as Jellies. Or is that cooler?


These were very spiky. I didn't want to touch them.


They had a new exhibit with flamingos and this pair of turtles:


They were so cute! This penguin was there too:


He wanted to be the boss. You can see it.


More Jellies! (Um, I kinda like them. Can you tell?)


Schooling fish are so neat. Hard to get a good pic of because they are so fast but really neat.


This cuttlefish was just chilling.


I love all the colors in the coral reef- I took about a million shots and they all came out really pretty. I just kind of picked this one at random.


This shrimp was GIANT and awesome. Kind of like the shrimp James' Dad made tonight for... dinner... ooooooh.

The Aquarium was awesome and all those fish are really fresh. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I still say the turtles were moody. And I am sad that I am not going to be a part of the green future. But I still want to bunk up with those otters - so cute! Best day evah!

    ReplyDelete